If I can automate something, I will. One of Ryan’s go-to phrases is “work smarter, not harder”. I’m very passionate about this concept because to me, it means enjoying life more. The less time I have to spend doing the things I need to be doing means more time doing the things I want to be doing. And my future self is thanking me because once we decide to have kids, I know I’ll appreciate already having a few things knocked off my daily to-do list.
This all started when we first moved in + I decided I wanted a Nest thermostat. I had gifted my parents one for Christmas the year prior + loved how it worked. We decided to grab the Nest smoke detector at the same time + then little by little, our smart house was growing. Just call me Pat. #smarthouse #iykyk
These are the EXACT models we have in our home as of April 2021. Head to my LIKEtoKNOW.it to shop!
• We’re much more efficient + save $$$ with our Nest thermostat. You can set schedules [like having it automatically lower the temp at bedtime] + change your home’s temp remotely from the app. No more McAllister moments of feeling like you forgot to do something after you’ve left for vacation.
• This little robot mop is no joke. One more thing off my to-do list ✅
• We have FOUR of the Nest Outdoor IQ security cams. So yeah. We like them a lot. They cover every door + window + we get real-time video alerts when people are detected. Google announced they’d be replacing our camera with a newer model in 2021, but it hasn’t been released yet [as of April 2021]. We got the IQ model because they’re rated to withstand freezing New England temperatures. This Nest Outdoor Camera [not IQ] is great for more moderate climates!
• Our smart night light is set to turn on automatically at 7pm + off at 7am. We have it set on a super dim amber color, but you can choose any brightness/color from the app! Our model is sold out, but check out this similar option with even more features.
• Our smart lock is my favorite smart home item we own. We have it set to auto-lock behind us when we leave the house + auto-unlock when we get home. No more standing outside your door, balancing the million things you’re holding on your knee + digging for your keys. You can also check your door’s lock status on the app at anytime [it will inform you if your door is ajar/closed, locked/unlocked] + you can lock/unlock it remotely. You can also give guests permanent or temporary virtual keys. If you’ll want to control your lock remotely [not just outside the door via Bluetooth], you’ll need to purchase this WiFi bridge separately. SO worth it.
• I couldn’t have more peace of mind with our smoke detector. Standard ones don’t send you a phone notification if they detect smoke or CO2. This one does. If you have a pup at home, this could be life-saving. One of my favorite features is how it glows green when you turn off all the lights for bed, letting you know it’s good to protect you all night. It also glows white when it detects movement during the night, which makes a great hall nightlight for us!
• This doorbell is the newest addition to our Nest fam. Not installed yet — but I’ll update you when it is! Sooo excited!
• My husband + I always say this is THE. BEST. thing we’ve ever bought for the house. If you have a robot vacuum, you know exactly what I mean. If you don’t, you need to hop on the Roomba train ?
Whether it’s peace of mind, or straight up peace [bye-bye vacuuming], our smart home products just make life easier. We don’t regret a single one + are always on the lookout for new ways to #worksmarternotharder. Our next purchase? I’ve been eyeing these automatic curtain openers for our bedroom. Hellooooo waking up to natural light ?
Curious to see what else we’ve got going on at home? Shop our home!