1. My Tote — Because when you’re showing up to a client’s house, you need waaaay too many things to fit in a small bag. Also — the padded laptop sleeve, waterbottle holder, cellphone pocket, tonsss of interior pockets + key leash help keep me uber-organized. I have the L size in the color “Bone”.
2. My Tech Organizer — The PERFECT size for all of my Apple accessories. My MacBook Pro charger, iPhone charger, AirPods + my USB-C to Lightning cable fit comfortably. I love having all of my charging cables neatly stored in one place! I have the S size in the color “Dune”.
3. My Portfolio — Blush with rose gold hardware. I was immediately sold. I always throw this in my tote when traveling to a client’s house. It holds my notebook in the outside pocket + has two interior sections. The top sleeve holds my 8.5×11 graph paper for site measurements, as well as my client questionnaires. I also store my angle finder + whiteout tape in the top pockets. The bottom holds my business cards, calculator + pens. I sometimes clip my measuring tape in here + it still buttons closed! I have the XL size in the color “Blush Pink”.
4. My Laptop — I needed a lightweight, reliable laptop that I could throw in my tote for meetings, but more importantly, I needed it to be powerful enough to run my design program. There’s no better way for your client to visualize their future kitchen than being able to take a 3D walkthrough of your design while sitting in their own home. The ability to do this, alone, drastically reduces the back + forth of clients wanting to see changes/other versions. iCloud makes everything I create available on my iMac, MacBook Pro + iPhone at all times, so I never have to worry about not having a specific file I need while I’m on the go. Don’t even get me started about being able to AirDrop photos from my iPhone to my iMac or MacBook Pro. I use that function DAILY + it saves me so much time.
5. My [Fat] Measuring Tape — This is a must if you complete field measures solo. If you’re a designer, you know clients love to watch you take every dimension. This tape will make you look like the utmost professional — it’s super strong, so it won’t be wobble + bend on you mid-measure. You’ll complete the job in half the time + look super confident doing so.
6. My Design Program — Chief Architect has been the BIGGEST game changer in my business. 1. I’ve never seen my clients so wowed. Chief lets me add every detail — down to the exact door styles, paint colors, finishes, sheens, even the direction of sunlight through their window given the property location. 2. It saves me HOURS on the backend. I rarely ever get stuck not knowing how do to something. Every piece of information you’d ever need is available on their website. I use their tutorials, templates + manufacturer catalogs weekly. I also tune into their weekly online training sessions [as often as I can!] to learn how I can be even more efficient while designing + creating construction documents. I can’t say enough about this program!! I have the Premier version. Here is one of my recent designs 🙂